Skip to content ↓

If you do not have an English or Maths GCSE at grade C/Level 4 or above (or Science for primary teacher training) or ENIC certified overseas equivalent, you can still apply for teacher training, but we will require you to pass an equivalency test before we can confirm any offer that we make. We will accept equivalency tests from recognised providers taken within the last 3 years but will require you to provide an original certificate.

We can recommend the following providers:

Equivalency Testing

A Star Equivalency

Birmingham City University

The DfE state that qualifications in key and functional skills at level 2 are not equivalent to GCSEs in terms of content.